Monday, October 6, 2014

Oalet Shawl

Hello Bloggers,

Do you still remember me?  Holly molly, it was not my intention to abandon my blog for soooooooooooo long, almost 2 months!.   I was super busy this Summer but that is not a good enough excuse.  The reason was I lost interest in blogging.   I still made lots of stuffs though especially knitting and crocheting but I just didn't feel like taking pictures and uploading them.   Any way I hope this is just some kind  of stages that I am going through..

I always wanted to knit a shawl so here is my first one. It is for my niece.  It's called OaletShawl.  It's a free pattern on Ravelry.  Lace pattern intimidated me so this shawl was a perfect pattern for me.

To block the shawl I pinned it onto the squares foam mat then I spray warm water all over the shawl.  This technique of blocking allowed the shawl to try faster.  I didn't come up with the technique.  


Until next week

Helen

6 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Good to have you back Helen...yes we all go through such phases but please remember there are many waiting to see you post-- myself among them!!
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Helen, So glad to hear from you. I thought you probably just had had a busy summer...

I always love seeing all of your handiwork. The shawl is gorgeous... Wow---such detailed, intricate work.. I'm impressed. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs,
Betsy

Ann said...

welcome back Helen. I can relate to losing interest in blogging. I think we all go through it now and then. It's best to walk away when you feel like that and give it some time.
Your shawl is very pretty.

Patty O'Malley said...

I've been wondering where you were, Helen. Glad to see you back!

Katie, Julep and Derby's Mom said...

Welcome back to blog-land!

I love seeing what you create ... and that shaw is awesome!

Have a good one --- Katie

eva said...

Welcome back Helen.